Even though Take Spruce’s CBD oil is much newer than many of the products we’ve reviewed, this brand is committed to regular lab testing, which allows it to easily gauge product quality. According to them, this oil has never registered any pesticide or bacteria contaminants and has consistently contained at least the stated CBD content.
Being a full spectrum oil, Take Spruce’s 750mg tincture also contains a wide range of other cannabis compounds, which help round out the benefits of cannabis for dogs.
CBD is only one of over 100 cannabinoids found in cannabis plants. By supplementing with this extract, dogs can also take advantage of the benefits of:
- CBC, a cannabinoid known for its ability to trigger the release of anandamide in the body, a natural pain-fighting compound.
- CBN, which has shown comparable results to artificial sleep aids in studies, and may also help regulate the immune system. And,
- CBG, which is a potent pressure and inflammation reducer, especially in cases of inflammatory bowel disease.
And terpenes, which are aromatic compounds found in a large variety of medicinal plants and herbs. Take Spruce’s CBD extraction contains active levels of:
- Limonene, a widely-found terpene that’s often associated with citrus fruits and plants, and may contribute to the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of some superfoods. And,
- Eucalyptol, which reduces inflammation and pain when applied topically, and can help clear airways of mucus.
Take Spruce’s 750 mg bottle has a cost per mg of CBD of approximately 12 cents. While this isn’t the lowest price per mg we’ve come across, it’s impressive value for money for a product that incorporates both organic hemp and Organic Coconut Oil. A coconut (or MCT) carrier oil is generally thought to be easier for pups to consume, both due to it’s sweeter, milder taste, and because its composition of medium-chain fats promotes faster digestion.