Charlotte’s Web’s oil, made from their proprietary strain of hemp, contains a full-spectrum extract that’s blended with medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil, derived from coconuts to facilitate digestion.
Because it’s a full spectrum extraction, this CBD contains all of the other beneficial cannabinoids and cannabis compounds that the company has spent years carefully breeding into their crop. So, alongside CBD, your pup will also receive small doses of:
- CBD-V, which has been shown to reduce the frequency and severity of seizures
- CBG, which targets gut inflammation and distress
- CBN, which aids sleep and appetite
- CBC, which encourages mental acuity through new brain cell growth
- And terpenes, which are aromatic compounds commonly associated with essential oils, and have a soothing effect on people and pups alike
Charlotte’s Web’s oils also come with a graduated tincture dropper, allowing owners to take the guesswork out of dosages.
Cost per mg of CBD
Even though Charlotte’s Web is currently working towards full organic hemp status, their products continue to retail for competitive, non-organic prices. Both the 30ml and 100ml versions of the canine CBD oil offer great value for money at 12 cents and 9 cents per mg of CBD respectively. Each dropper serving provides approximately 17mg of CBD.
- MCT oil is a widely-used CBD carrier. It’s rich in fatty acids, which promote speedy digestion, ensuring as little of the active ingredient is lost to the metabolism as possible.
- Charlotte’s Web also offers this oil flavored with chicken to promote palatability.